What is SlurryBugs®:
SlurryBugs adds non-pathogenic bacteria and enzymes to your slurry to drive the breakdown of solid matter. The bacteria secrete enzymes which break up the undigested fiber (cellulose and other plant matter) releasing the soluble nutrients and making them available for spreading onto land, whilst producing a more homogenous liquid slurry. This makes slurry handling easier, and reduces the need for bought in fertiliser.
Treating slurry with SlurryBugs® helps to:
• Break down crusts and liquify slurry
• Reduce the need for stirring and allows easier pumping out and spreading
• Improve the slurry’s fertiliser quality and value
• Mobilise Nitrogen (N), Phosphorous (P) and Potassium (K)
• Reduce bought-in fertiliser costs
• Reduce odorous emissions of methane
How long will it take to see progress from SlurryBugs®?
This depends on the starting condition of your slurry, what is in there and what variants you’ve used. If used as advised, changes start to become noticeable after 4-5 weeks. After 10 weeks you should have a homogenous, easy to spread, free flowing slurry system.
Where can I use SlurryBugs®?
SlurryBugs is suitable for any type of slurry store including:
- Slatted tanks
- Reception pits
- Ring towers
- Weeping walls
For stronger initial treatments and problematic crusts or blockages, it is recommended to inoculate with SlurryBugs® Crustbuster or SlurryBugs® Shift-It.
To find out more contact us today!